things I'd like to learn

  • To dance
  • The double base
  • Advanced photography
  • Design digital graphics
  • To sew
  • Architectural industry product design and material information
  • Another language
  • Silversmithing

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Taking Life off Hold

Ever have the feeling you bounce between one pileup of tasks to the next without actually making a difference?

Since getting back from Canada and plunging straight into Christmas and family catchup (ignoring the fact I had 5 kid free days which seemed to disappear into a foggy internet browsing mist) and then friend catchup and internet catchup, my pileups have taken on mold monster proportions physically and even more so mentally.

Whilst putting off my duties in my best procrastinating style, I read half of "blogging for bliss" and perused some blogs and got a general gist of blogs and the variety thereof and found my initial overview of the blogosphere to be the same as my pretense of a life. Ha, what? Well, it seems that people that blog with their picture perfect photos of quaint houses and manicured lifestyles that inspire the creative and mothering world are impossible to aspire to. I can't even be the mum I want to be without being the mum the world thinks I should be.

So came conclusion crunch time: Stop Putting off Life until Everything is Perfect!
Ok, so I can't be that person, well, just be myself! And since there can't be many people out there with as messed up a life as me lol, I may just have a unique blog after all!!
I'm sorry, I'm not going to fall into line and offer you little peepholes into my perfect (cough) world, I've decided why not take you with me on my journey to achieve the life I want? No delicacy here, I'll show you my monster mountains and together we'll go through them and onto the other side. Maybe by taking my life off hold and just 'doing' is all it will take to actually achieve anything...

So even if 'you' are just my mythical comfort blanket :), I'll pretend you're really there and one day you just may be; after all I have to have something worth reading here (and hopefully inspiring too) for you to be here!!

And thank you :).

imgs: 1st is my study which shall be tidied, filed, sorted, dusted and readied this month ;).
2nd are my calanders which I put up today and spent an hour filling in all the birthdays, events, school holidays etc, yay me! Its here so you can see my first step of productivity :).

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you are perfect in your imperfections! You should see our spare room. Ack! <3

    ReplyDelete