things I'd like to learn

  • To dance
  • The double base
  • Advanced photography
  • Design digital graphics
  • To sew
  • Architectural industry product design and material information
  • Another language
  • Silversmithing

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Daily Interlude

3 prints from Scarlett Cat which I got framed, quite proud of how they turned out :), hanging on my study wall

Hi friends :), well I've been reading a few blogs and I was inspired by Whirliegig to join 365 Project and by her and other bloggers to start taking photos of my daily life.. things about the house, things that you wouldn't think of taking a photo of unless you were actively thinking about it. In fact even though I've started to frame everything I see in my mind's virtual camera lens I still miss things. I wish I could have caught Devlin coming home for the third day in a row with mud all over his school uniform (before sticking it in the wash)!
Well, I've been having fun and I thought I'd like to share a bit of my daily life with you. Life seems pretty mundane really, until you see beauty everywhere where before you saw just daily stuff.

left- brunch on the rocking chair. middle- my bedroom has been 'storing' too small kids clothes, I intended to do the ebay thing, but I'm thinking I'd be happy just to get rid of them lol. right- Blythe had a school experiment where she grew a sunflower (which died when we went on holidays) so every now and then they decide to plant whatever seeds they come across, I have no idea whats growing in there now lol.

So I had a really productive day yesterday, which happens every few weeks; I wonder if it had anything to do with my computer dying in the morning ;). It all started when I opened a youtube video (I love Sarah Jane), its an AU cheapy zombie flick well done (I have a zombie fetish) and mozilla crashed on me. There on in mozilla was not happy and it soon created a crashing chain reaction and I was visited upon by the blue screen of death and automatic reboots. Suffice to say I laid the poor beast to rest until hubby could get home and look at it and then free of distraction I had a whole house to keep my attention! Funny how when I REALLY REALLY need to do some (lots) of work my computer kindly takes itself out of the picture :D.

top left- clean kitchen, no mean feat with 2 messy kids and 1 even messier big kid. top right- I decided to explore my backyard (never happens) and visited our fallen down fence, the place totally reeked! The source I discovered is this massive tree has been littering the ground with rotting mangoes. bottom left- we've been invaded by nasty biting tiny ants. bottom right- solidified butter imprint from lunchbox crumpets :).

We'd had rain for a week (I don't have a drier) and my boy had decided to decorate his uniform everyday (he only has 2 and he needs them 5days a week); I managed to get through about 10 loads of built up washing!! or 2 washing line fulls. I wandered around the house taking photos :), I pulled out the board games we'd gotten in the last few weeks from Christmas sales and in the process tidied the games cupboard. Tidied the upper floor; its amazing how all the accumulated bits and pieces that get dumped all over the place every day manage to take hours to put away.

top left- new games we've been trying out, Phill and I, I highly recommend all of them although Chaos is a bit, um, evil? top right- games we've been accumulating and playing with the kids, go is a bit hard (for us adults!) so we've been using the board for Pente which is a lot of fun. These are good games too, I'd recommend Labyrinth, Bonanza and ducks in a row for good but thought provoking beginning games. bottom left- half of our games in a semi tidy state. bottom right- my super quick handmade rush hour storage box ;),

Cleaned the kitchen, dining, living rooms, vacuumed, did my daily maths training and brain exercise on the ds then played some sudoku with lunch. Pulled out all my recipe books with the aim of making a meal schedule and wrote down kid lunch box ideas and a shopping list. Picked up the kids and put them to work, I mean, that's what they're for right? ;p Actually it was nice to have company while working and spend time together, and it led me to an awesome idea! Instead of nagging them to clean their rooms I stumbled across a great motivator: if they hadn't cleaned their rooms with a reasonable amount of time (say 10mins) I'd give them another job to do (so, Blythe got to sort my clean washing, and Dev got to dry dishes), they cleaned their rooms in record time :). Next idea is to not give them breakfast until they have uniforms, shoes on and hair brushed lol! (am I harsh? Mwhahahaha).

left- colourful washing with my view backdrop. right- twi'lek Blythe sorting washing.

I decided I needed to take a break from what I was doing - washing down bedframes, tables, drawers, boxes, 'everything' to dust and de-mold our bedrooms - and catch up on general housework. I still have a long way to go, but 1 job at a time eh.. 1 job at a time. See our goal is to dust, de-mold, sand and paint, clear our storage area and get rid of all our junk and then sell the house! And then.. move.. somewhere :). I do like it here, but the house is old and requires more maintenance then our slackness can attain; and we're all allergic to dust and mold which this house seems prone to, and Phill wants to move to a more convenient location to shops and parks.

can you see the mold? left- its growing everywhere, but once we get all the junk off the dirt under the house and wash copper over everything it should be alright. right- the slack previous owners painted over the top of mold and dirt - not bothering to clean first, its just now starting to show through (under all the glossy paint).

So big plans. I'll let you know how I progress :).

1 comment: